Monday, June 23, 2008

Fist day of classes\teaching





Well the english program has started and I just had my first class. It was fun getting to know the people and trying to get on the same page with all of the Korean students.
I teach three hours a day in a classroom of my own. Kelly and Mitch, two other MSU students that I came here with get to do the same. We were told that we needed to create two different themes and lesson plans for two project english classes we would be teaching.

These project english classes are designed to be a fun or at least interesting project based english classes. The purpose of this program is to get these college students ready for the TOIC english exams that they want to score high on so they can find a better job, or at least get paid more. The other classes they take focus on note taking, recitation, and things that are likely not as much fun as project english. I guess that makes the three MSU students the good guys...haha

Every week we should get a new group of students that will have rotated from an old project english class. My two topics are a "newspaper english" project and a Children's Stories class. At night we also teach a tutorial class that is supposed to be used for fun english games, conversations,currrent events in english, or whatever else we can think of...

1 comment:

QOW said...

hello joel,

After looking at those photographs, I think you ought to do a swap with your students. You teach them English, they interpret those multicolored signs out there for you. Great views.