Week 1 went well, and I was able to see a lot of great "Project English" projects made. I even have a few repeats for each class. One of the ladies is a Journalism major and wanted to continue practice writing English in a more formal way (mostly conversational English that is taught, even in the writing). Two students who are taking the Children's Stories portion again seemed to really enjoy creating them last week.
One really big thing I think I helped with last week was getting some of the students to use past tense. It seems to be one of the really hard things for them to know when to use. They know the vocabulary without a problem but if you dont point out when to use it then it's likely not going to be used. I dont think that Korea has a tense for future in their language, it's included along with present tense, but they definately have a past tense.
Without further ado I have some of the work from last weeks Children's Stories class. I dont think anything was perfect but that would likely be hard even for us english speakers; it's still very understandable and often really creative! Better than anything I could create!
These are pictures of the Childrens stories they created, once I figure out an easy way to post up a file on here I might post one or two of the Newpaper articles that were written last week as well. The full class picture is actually of my new Children's Stories class as well, not last weeks...
No comments:
Post a Comment